Saturday, June 21, 2008

[TRICK] Updating MP On MCE


This is nearly a year back incident,
would like to share with you.
Well I had a genuine MCE,
I downloaded the MP11, the day it was
released,but I wasn't able to install that
on my other PC, that was running on MCE,
well I was disappointed for not able to test it.

Then after some months M$ came up,
with the roll back patch of 20-30 MB,
for MCE.But I managed to install MP11 in my MCE PC,
without any such patch.
Here is a very simple tweak.

Make sure you're using a genuine MCE,
if it is not a genuine one, then make it

Extract the setup cabinet of MP11,
with winrar or winzip.

You'll find some files there,
out of these run these files.

umdf.exe
wmdbexport.exe
wmfdist11.exe
wmp11.exe


make sure to run them in same order.

Logoff and login, you're MP is updated

No comments: